* What is Chick Lit exactly?
* How do I write a Chick Lit novel?
* What are the steps I need to take to get published?
Once dismissed as a fad by the popular press and literary community, the women's fiction genre called Chick Lit is now one of the hottest growing markets for new writers. In Will Write for Shoes, veteran Chick Lit and romance author Cathy Yardley addresses the common questions (and misconceptions) about the genre.
Based on years of teaching about commercial women's fiction, this definitive guide provides invaluable tips and step-by-step methods for writing and selling a successful Chick Lit novel. Features include:
* The history of Chick Lit
* A blueprint for writing a Chick Lit novel
* New trends in the genre
* Tips and tools for breaking into the market
* FAQs and miscellanea
A directory of agents and publishers who acquire Chick Lit, sample submission materials, and online resources make this fun and comprehensive manual a must-have for all women who want to write a Chick Lit novel.